My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Day 69-The Day of the Mulberry-06-05-06

Today was a little slower than the past few days have been. We did meet a man named Todd, though. It was around 8:00pm. We were making our way back home, stopping to talk to the people we met as we went.

I saw a man bending down over a tarp collecting mulberries. This was Todd. He's an agnostic. We talked with him about the nature of God. He's a very logical person. He said he likes to see something before he will believe it. Todd said he did not believe that there was a God. He said he did not like how religious people went to church and paid money because they thought if they didn't they'd go to hell.

He asked us, "So you believe you're the only true church?" My instant reaction to this question was "YES." So he asked us what made us different from every other church that claims that they are right.

Our belief is that this is the same church that Jesus Christ created while he was on the earth. We believe that there are prophets on the earth today just like in the times of old. This is a belief that is shared by no other church that I can think of.

I still don't know why they think this. Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus Christ's earthly ministry is the last direct contact we'll receive from God? Yet, every Christian denomination, or just about every one, believes that.

Let's see...where was I...oh yes, Todd. He thanked us for our time, but wasn't interested. He said that we definitey have a unique message. He just doesn't have the faith to believe in God right now. He gathered up his mulberry bunches that he had collected on a cloth and departed. He was a nice enough guy. He just needs some direction in his life.

I need to work on how to talk about the gospel with agnostics.

Definition of an agnostic- One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

Atheist-One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home