My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Day 67-Music and Merry-Go-Rounds-06-03-06

Elder Davis likes music. What I did not know is that he likes to make music. He records and produces his own songs. Some of his #1 hits that he's written so far are, "Will You Be Baptized?" It's a stirring song about a missionary who's getting transferred, but asks his investigator if they will get baptized even though he won't be around to see it.

He wrote a song based on Thomas S. Monson's general conference talk. It's a love song entitled, "You're My Maka-Feke, Baby." He has some really funny songs.

Not all of his songs he writes are missionary-appropriate. They aren't bad songs, just not as spiritual as some. One of his songs that he played for me was a "breaking-up-with-you" type song. He said, "I'll bet you can't guess what the inspiration for that song is." The song started. It was a techno beat. I then heard Elder D. sing on the cd, "I can make it on my own." The song continued and I recognized , "Hey, I know that! That's L'il Brudder from Homestar Runner.com!" Elder Davis said, "Wow! You watch Homestar Runner, too? That's awesome." That's the best.

Today Elder Davis and I went to the Herndon Festival for lunch. It was a blast! I purchased a Herndon Festival t-shirt. They had a merry-go-round, ferris wheel, arts and crafts booths, different places to eat, and all that good stuff. Fun missionary memories. Tomorrow's church!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home