My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Day 64-Transfers-P-day-The P Stand for Panic-5-31-06

Elder Buttars is on the phone now. I've just been informed by him that he's going. I'm staying. Whew! The groundhog popped up out of his hole and gave me six more weeks of Herndon. My new companion is Elder Davis. I think Dorothy said it best, "people come and go so quickly."

The worst thing for Elder Buttars is that his bike is in the shop. For three weeks! He's been using a member's bike while he gets his repaired. The bike shop says they are waiting for a part. They told him it would be done in one to two weeks. That was three weeks ago. I guess someone will have to take his bike to his new area...when it gets fixed???

The worst thing for me is that I will be the veteran in the area when Elder Buttars leaves. I'll be the one who is supposed to get us from place to place. I can't believe that I've been in this area for six weeks already. I'm planning to copy Elder Buttars planner so I can try to lead the area.

Elder Buttars is calling everyone in our zone and telling them so long. He's no longer my district leader. I've been able to pass things off to be certified with him almost every day. Our new d.l. is Elder Oram To quote Bilbo Baggins from the Hobbit, "Congratulations! Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap, really!" I can now pass things off to Elder Oram when I see him. It was nice that my first comp in the field was a d.l. It sure made it easier to pass things off to him. It will just be a little harder now.

For a p-day, it hasn't been very relaxing so far. I'm finding out that most of the things I've been using, like the Dry Erase board and the phone will be going with Elder Buttars. I need to make an emergency trip to Staples.

I had better get Elder Buttars home address while I have a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home