My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Day 65- Out with the Old, In With the June-06-01-06

Elder Davis is my new companion. He's from So.CA. Born and raised. He's on the short side. I consider myself average height. He's about 5'5". If you look at the pictures of Elder Buttars and me, Elder Buttars is pretty tall. When I'm with Elder Davis, I look pretty tall.

Elder Davis has been on a mission for one year and two months. He has a lot of energy which he attributes to his A.D.H.D. He says that he can get a little crazy. He says that he's a break dancer. A stark contrast from tall, serious, fatherly-like Elder Buttars. I was warned by Elder Buttars before he left that I shouldn't tell my new companion how he did everything. Sometimes companions would resent it, and rightly so in my opinion.

They call your first companion your trainer. Your second companion is called your breaker. They break what your trainer built up. They show you that there is more than one way to do missionary work. You can then take some traits from your trainer, some from your breaker, and add your own style. Be your own missionary.

Wow! The Herndon festival fireworks show is starting! We can see it from our apartment! I'm gonna go get some pictures. (Oooooh! The Finale!)
Well, that was fun. Elder Davis and I sat on our balcony and watched the fireworks. They were pretty close, too. What a great way to start off a companionship...with a bang. 'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home