My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Day 84-Investigators-6-20-06

Much happened today. We went on exchanges with Elder Oram and Elder Phelps. I went tracting with Elder Phelps. We did that for a couple of hours which brings my total tracting time to 32 hours.

I'm certified! That is one reason why Elder Oram met with me, so he could sign me off on the last little bit I had left. I finished everything I needed on day 80, but wasn't able to meet until today. It takes a lot of memorization of scriptures to get certified.

Good grief. We're not going to the Visitor's Center tomorrow. W. still feels a little under the weather. I'm glad he was able to make it to church with us on Sunday. I just feel that it would be good for him to go. We'll keep trying. We'll get him there. Someday.

Evaluating our area, we are not as in great a shape as we once were. Our investigators have hit a snag. Some are further along than others, but they've all got things holding them back, stopping them from progressing. W., T. and A. won't make their baptism dates. It's okay. We'll wait until they are prepared. Not a huge deal. I'm not too worried about W. but I have to say that I am worried about A. and T. T just doesn't show any interest. He's young and going to college in the fall. What is the importance of religion to him? We keep trying to show him why he needs this now. We'll see how it turns out.

As for A., we've tried to get a hold of him almost every night, but he is always out partying with friends. He needs to decide which is more important. Right now it's his "no-account" friends. He's got to choose for himself. We can't choose for him. When and if he is ready to change, we'll be there for him.

S., N. and J.-J is so busy. He almost works missionary hours- and those are busy let me tell you. He says we can talk with him when he is not working so much. We'll see...N. on the other hand, is just hard to contact. He's been gotten good by the J-Dub's. He's not a card-carrying member, but he might as well be. The scripture that he shared with us last time, Jeremiah 10:23, in the J.W. study buddy, tried (in vain) to link it to governments and how they are wrong.

The scripture talked about how you should follow God and trust in Him, not man. I'd like to point out to N. that that men are telling him not to vote or celebrate Christmas, not God. But that's the point of this book-The J.W.study buddy takes scriptures from the Bible and puts them into categories in the hopes that people who read them will equate the scriptures with their dogma. For example: Jeremiah 10:23=Govt. Bad or Psalms 146:3=Don't vote. That's why they believe they should not vote; cause the Bible tells them not to put their trust in man, and when you vote, you trust in man.

Wait until I see N. again. Do I have something to share...As Joseph Smith said, when he was looking for which church to join..."for the teachers of religion of the different sects understood the same passage of scriptures so differently as to destroy all confidence in settling the question by an appeal to the Bible." JSH 1:12 The Bible is open to misinterpretation. There is only one way to know for sure which way is right and that is by sincere prayer. James 1:5

I've got some scriptures about God's idea of government that I want to show N.
1st Peter 2:13-17, 2nd Peter 2:10-11, John 19:10-11, Romans 13:1-4. I want N. to read these verses next time we meet. More importantly, I want him to pray about them. It's all here waiting for him. He' just gotta choose.

It's so frustrating when investigators don't even try to read the Book of Mormon. If they want to know the truth, THEY MUST READ! and pray, of course. I can't overemphasize the importance of prayer, but if they are not reading, what is there to pray about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home