My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Day 78-You've Gotta Be Careful With Oils-06-14-06

Today's not P-day because of temple conference. Half of our mission went to temple conference yesterday. The other half is going today.

Elder Goodrich is my new zone leader this transfer. He, along with Elder Spencer, watch over all of the elders and sisters in the Oakton zone.

Today they came by to help me finish getting my certification. I'm almost done. All I have left to do is finish reading "Preach My Gospel." When I finish, I can get signed off and then I'm a certified missionary!

Elder Goodrich was in a lot of pain when he came over today. He had a massive cold sore under his nose. I gave him my famous catch phrase, "I've got an oil for that". I gave him some Thieves for his nose. It helped me to clear up a canker sore I had at the MTC, so I figured it would help him.

After he rubs it on, he asks, "Is it supposed to burn like that?" I told him, "Yes, but it's temporary. Hang in there." I gave him some peppermint to cool it down. He said it felt better and was not as hot.

A few minutes later, I hear Elder Goodrich scream from the bathroom. He had a searing pain in a personal location. He had attempted to go to the bathroom with the oils still on his hands. I'm trying to be mature here...

He went into the bathroom and locked the door. He, then began to take a shower. He was in there for a half an hour trying to cool off. He got some new nick names from the other elders which I am choosing to omit.

Later, after the burning went away, Elder Goodrich did say that his nose felt better. Nothing like pain in one area to take your mind off the pain in another. hahaha.

Elder Goodrich is a nice guy. He's been out for 22 months, so he's going home pretty soon. There are so many things I want to write, but I'm out of time for now.

One last thing...We might try and teach N. tomorrow. I've just been to the temple. I'm spiritually strengthened. No J-Dub doctrine can hinder me. "...No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing..." . No holds barred. We're going there to teach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home