My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Day 77 continued-A Revelation

I now have a better understanding of Lucifer's motivation in the garden of Eden. I'd always wondered why Lucifer wanted Adam and Eve to eat the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. If he truly wanted to thwart God's plan of happiness, why didn't he just leave Adam and Eve alone? Why not have the two of them remain innocent in the garden forever? None of us would have been born or received physical bodies.

I'll talk about Lucifer's motivation in a minute. First, something said by the devil in 2Nephi 2:18 has always been interesting to me. When he tempts Eve he tells her, "Partake of the forbidden fruit and you shall not die, but ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil. In tempting Eve, Satan tipped his hand. He told us his agenda. He wants us to know good and evil. Satan doesn't care about anything else as long as he can get us to know evil. Because once we know evil, he always has the ability to tempt us one way or another.

Now, you might wonder, if Satan wanted us to know good and evil,how is that different from what God wanted?" What I found in 2Nephi:26 helped me find the answer, I think. It says,"...the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil. That's the difference. If we really want to be more like our Heavenly Father, it's not simple enough to know good and evil, like Satan said. We have to know good from evil. Verse 26 goes on to say, "to act...and not to be acted upon,...". That's our goal. To make those choices. To act. And that by doing those right actions, we won't be acted upon.

Anyway, I got a little sidetracked. I wanted to explain the motivation of Lucifer. Satan needed the fall to happen just as much as Heavenly Father did. Satan wanted every one of us to come to Earth, if only for the chance to tempt us. To cause us to fall away from the Father. "For he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself." 2Nephi 2:27 If we were never born, if we never came to Earth, Satan would not be able to claim us. He wants to drag as many people down with him as he's able. That's why the fall needed to happen for Satan. Only he, the great instigator, could get the ball rolling.

All in all, today was great. Tomorrow's not P-day. I'll explain why later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home