My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Day 76-Just Say No...to Easter, Christmas and Patriotism- 06-12-06

I'm back in Reston today with Elder Oram. We went tracting today. Since Elder Oram is the district leader now, I was able to get some things passed off for certification. I'm almost finished.

Let me talk briefly about the Jehovah's Witnesses. I've decided not to spend too much time in my journal on what they believe. It's false doctrine. Let's just leave it at that.

The last thing I will say on the matter is what happened when we taught N. yesterday.

According to what N. told us, this is my interpretation: They believe that Adam and Eve were the biggest dim bulbs in history. If they didn't eat the fruit... (arggh)It drives me nuts. It makes no sense. I don't know if I can finish writing this, it's so dumb!

They believe that it was not our Heavenly Father's original plan for man to die. What he wanted to have happen was for Adam and Eve to live forever and have children. There was never supposed to be any trials or tests of our faith. (Don't ask me how. Don't try to make sense of it. Just listen.) When they ate of the fruit and transgressed the law, they were cast out of the Garden. This is when God scratched His head and goes, "Well, that didn't turn out how I thought it would. Guess I had better switch to Plan B." They say that Satan won in the Garden of Eden; that the only reason we even need Jesus Christ and His Atonement was because Adam and Eve could not keep their hands off each other.

I joke, but there are people out there, sons and daughters of God, who believe this. They don't believe in celebrating Easter, Christmas, birthdays, Leif Erickson day or any other holidays. They don't believe in patriotism or saluting the flag.

The thing that pains me is that they don't think it's possible for them to return to live with their Heavenly Father. Actually I shouldn't say return. They also don't believe in a pre-existence.

This is brief??? I know, I know...I didn't mean to talk this much about the J-Dub's. It's just once I get on a roll...

Tomorrow's a big day. Temple Conference. I'll report back later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home