My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Day 77-Temple Conference -06-13-06

The Washington D.C. Temple

The spires are finished. I was surprised and thrilled that they're done so quickly. They are so bright and beautiful. I'm in awe.

Not long after I entered the temple, I saw it. I saw the Washington D.C. Temple mural. It is a picture of the Savior showing Himself to the multitudes in the spirit world. The faithful people come unto Christ, while those who have never repented are filled with sorrow. Something I noticed for the first time was a temple in the top left corner of the mural. It looks like the D.C. temple.

There are some beautiful fountains and paintings at the temple as well as stained glass windows. So much to see.

I thought I would mention that I'm not the only "Pierce" in the mission field. There is another Elder Pierce and a Sister Pierce. As far as I know, there is no relation.

I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to go to the temple today. I'm thankful that there's a temple in my mission area. It really gave me that spiritual boost that I needed. Whenever I've been to the temple, my mind always feels so clear and receptive to the spirit. For example, today I had a new revelation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home