My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day 150 Commit to Baptism 8-25-06

Today we met with A and G. It’s a great day! We invited G to church on Sunday with A. He’s looking forward to it. After G left, President P came by and picked up A and us. We had a great dinner. Hamburgers. Yum! I highly recommend dinner in a member’s home to be a great place to take those investigating the church.

After dinner we talked with A about the importance of modern-day prophets. We watched the short film, “Watchman on the Tower.” When the video was over, we answered some of A’s questions about our church; tithing and why we don’t pass around a collection plate.

Happy Thing for Day 150: We set a baptismal day for A! We committed him to prepare himself to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So today was pretty exciting!

Later that night we dropped off A back at his place. President P said to us, “Well, Elders, I have to commend you. When you have a chance to set a baptismal date, you go for it. I’ll be sure and tell your mission president when I meet with him. However, I did notice tonight that A seemed uncertain about some of the principles of the gospel. I don’t think it’d be a waste of your time to re-teach the commandments to him (the 4th lesson). Make sure he knows all the basics. But you’ve got 4 weeks; that’s plenty of time. Assuming A passes his day in court with flying colors, I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t make his baptismal date.”

So, yeah, busy day. Lot’s of things happened. We’ll continue to work with A. Help him reach his potential which is great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home