My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day 151-Another Busy Day –August 26, 2006

A very busy Saturday. Elder Pierce and I were on our bikes today, going past the Giant grocery store, when who did we bump into? R. Now, if you don’t remember who R is, that’s okay. I mentioned her in my journal on {Day 52}. She’s W’s sister-in-law. She told us that W is going back to Kenya in a couple of weeks and that T has started going back to school. I asked her if she would be available for us to come over and teach her sometime. She says, “Yes,” but she needs to check her schedule first. Next we went by to see J. J lives in the same apartment complex as N.B. It’s also where J used to live before he moved back to China. Joseph lives on the top floor of his apartment building. As Elder Pierce and I got to the top of the stairs, we saw a drunken man sleeping outside J’s door. I suggested that we step over him to try and get to J, but my companion said it would be best to try again later.

We went and saw Brother W I just want to stress that I think that he is one of the nicest guys I’ve met. I talked a little bit about his background on {Day 110}, which may have sounded a little harsh, as it appears in my journal. Brother W is a good man. I want to echo the words of President P said to me on {Day 122}. “People are given different trials to test them, but it’s also to test us. To see how well we’ve developed the Christ-like attributes of patience and charity.”

After meeting with Brother W, we went back to J’s to try to get a hold of him. The man sleeping outside his door had gone, so we knocked and were invited in. J had gotten brand new furniture. We asked him if we could stay for a minute to teach him. He said, “No, but come back tomorrow at 2:00!” Alright J, tomorrow at 2:00.

We also saw A today for the first time in a long time. He wasn’t at the Senior Center this morning when we went there for service, so we stopped by his place; or rather L’s place (see {Day 144}), to see how he was doing. A told us he still needs another surgery. He’s going to have it on Monday. He said the surgery he had before (see {Day 130}), was to prepare is body for this surgery. A told us we could try to get together after he starts feeling better. “C’mon over some time for lunch,” he told us, “and I’ll make my famous chili!” It’s a date, A. Get feeling better.

One of the last things we did today was go by and see A and G. Which brings me to my Happy Thing for {Day 151}: We invited G to go to the Visitor’s Center with us when we take A next Saturday! G says that he wants to come. He’s looking forward to seeing the Joseph Smith movie. G and A have never seen it before, it should be a lot of fun. We haven’t been able to teach G much at this point; but we plan to go over the First Vision with him so he has a better understanding of what to expect at the movie. At around 8:05 this evening, I reminded G and A about coming to church tomorrow. They say they’ll both be ready by 8:00 am. “Well,” I said, “see you in 12 hours.” We’ll see them both tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home