My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

52-Card Workout

(This is a letter that Logan wrote the first week at the MTC. It took a while to get here. He sent this letter home in a box with his quilt. He could not meet the weight limit at the airport, so he sent his quilt home. I wondered why he did not send it on to Washington D.C., but oh, well... I did not open the box because I knew I would be sending it on to him. When he got to his mission, I sent him his quilt. I did not know that there was a letter in the box. When he got his quilt, he was surprised that the letter was still in there, so he sent it back. A month later, I am just now posting it.)

Okay, really quick. Now is the best time to play catch-up. It's 6:20 am and we are about to do some service around the MTC. I'll try to say all the cool stuff that happened yesterday before too much stuff happens today.

Yesterday we had our first day of gym. We got up at 6:30 am. I was really tired. Most of the elders played basketball. I went upstairs to the workout room and used the exercise bike. It was a pretty good workout. I went for 4 1/2 miles.

Speaking of exercise, almost every night Elder T., Elder F., Elder P. , Elder M#1, and I will do a workout Elder T. knows called "52 card workout". We take a deck of cards (I didn't bring 'em. Elder P. brought 'em) You take a deck and look at the top card. You do as many sit-ups as are on the card. The next card you do as many push-ups as are on the card. All of the face cards are worth 10. Aces are worth 21. Keep doing as many push-ups and sit-ups until you finish the deck. It is really hard. I've only been able to complete half a deck. Elder P. and Elder M#1 completed a whole deck last night. They were so sore this morning during service.

Yesterday, my missionary district went to help at the Referral Center. That's where you call people who have ordered LDS books or movies and check to make sure they have received it. You are supposed to see if they want missionaries to come out and teach them.

I spoke with a man from TX who wanted the missionaries to come and teach him. It was a neat experience to help this man. The only thing was, over the phone, he thought I was a girl. He kept saying, "Yes, ma'am" and "thank you, Miss". I didn't correct him. I just kept on with the phone call. I've gotta go to bed now. I should have more time tomorrow.

Good night,
Elder Pierce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home