My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mission-ellaneous

Elder B. was a little homesick when he got here. Since then he has opened up and shared with us his likes and dislikes...to the point that some of us are begging him to stop. I have never met anyone with a greater love of buses and bus transit than Elder B. He wants to be a bus driver when he grows up!

I forgot to mention something about Elder W. He does an amazing Donald Duck impression. I'll see him at breakfast and he'll say good morning in that voice. It always puts a smile on my face.

I was told today at dinner that I could not bring any church music to listen to while I am eating. I was a little upset . I would rather listen to, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives", while I am eating, as opposed to the noisy conversation of 200+ missionaries. I will obey their rules about no music in the lunchroom (wink and a smile), but I want them to remember D&C 25:12. "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart, yea for the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing on their heads." And a quote from the president of the church, Gordon B. Hinckley: "We recognize the universal power of music to touch the hearts of men and women everywhere and in all generations-to inspire and encourage, to sustain and lift, to comfort and bring peace."

I am cleaning up our room right now. It's a little messy, so I had better get my bud-nippers and nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.

I'm also the group story-teller. For the past few nights, I have been telling SpongeBob Squarepants shows to the elders to help them get to sleep. Elder T. recorded my telling of the night-shift episode. I think I'll tell them the story of Dr. Seuss', "The King's Stilts. It has a great lesson about a time for work and a time for play. I can't think of a better lesson for missionaries than that.

Well, I got a lot written today. I love it here at the MTC.

Good night.

Love,
Elder Pierce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home