My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Movie review

Day 20-MTC

Today is the Monday before we leave for Washington D.C. It's a very busy day. I guess I'll talk about last night's movie night. Every Sunday evening is movie night at the MTC. The first Sunday was general conference so there was no movie. The second Sunday, they were not showing the movie I wanted to see, so I did not go. The third Sunday, they did show the movie I was waiting for; Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration.

My first and (most likely) my last movie review while on my mission: It's really the best movie on the life of Joseph Smith I've ever seen. It had high production value. I was very impressed. I won't give away too much of the movie, but it starts with Joseph as a young boy when he gets his leg operated, then moves on to the First Vision.

It is very good as it goes throughout his whole life, from the courting of Emma to building the Kirtland Temple. I thought it would have been interesting to see his run for public office, which wasn't included, but I guess they wanted to focus more on the prophet and not on the political hopeful.

I got all teary-eyed at the end when the prophet and his brother made their last stand. They played "Praise to the Man" on bagpipes over the end which I thought was pretty cool. The one thing these movies need to work on is to not make every single mob member look like a hillbilly fresh from the coal mine. I mean every one of them had missing teeth, dirt on their faces and a crazed look in their eyes. I can understand the crazed look because it is mob mentality, but it would be nice to see at least one with a semi-clean face and a majority of his teeth.

All in all, a solid church movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home