My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Day 72-Salvation is not a Cheap Experience-06-08-06

Today I went on an exchange with Elder Phelps. I was in charge. This time, unlike my previous exchanges when I have been in charge, I wasn't in a panic. Things went good today. We taught S. at the H's house. Finally! We took the plunge and read the first four chapters of 1st Nephi. It went okay. S. still wonders why Lehi isn't mentioned in the Bible. (Sigh) It's an uphill battle. I'm reminded of something that Jeffrey R. Holland said to us at the MTC. "Salvation is not a cheap experience." It's gonna take a while, but S. is sincere in her search. I know that she will find the truth. I just wish it wouldn't take so long.

We taught A. today. We taught the commandments and the importance of baptism. I'm a little relieved. I wasn't sure how A. was progressing. It was good to meet with him and talk about the commitments he plans to make before baptism. I think he can make his baptismal date of June 24.

We also bumped into N. today. We weren't planning to meet with him, but we were all out walking and saw each other. He wanted to know more about what we thought about J-Dub's. I told him we would discuss it when we had more time at our next appointment with him. I plan to write more in my journal about the J-Dubs. But, I have been asked to cut back on my journal writing (sigh), so I guess I'll stop for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home