My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Day 73-Great Analogy-Jesus Christ as the Chief Cornerstone-06-09-06

Okay, I want to talk about the Jehovah's Witnesses and what they believe, but first we met a man named Chow T. Like A., he is from Liberia. It was kinda rainy today when we street contacted him on the steps outside of his apartment building. He said how his preacher had told him that Jesus Christ was the last prophet and that if he wanted to be saved, he had to be baptized and read the scriptures. So we showed him a scripture- Ephesians 2:19-20- "Now, therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the Saints, and of the household of God; and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and the prophets, Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone."

I came up with, I think, a good analogy. Jesus Christ is the chief cornerstone. When you build a house, the cornerstone is set first and then the rest of the foundation is built off of that. If the cornerstone is crooked, the house will be crooked. Jesus Christ is perfect, so we know that the cornerstone of the household of God is also perfect. The problem is that most every Christian church only builds on Jesus Christ. If you tried to build on the cornerstone by itself, you'd have a pretty small house. That's how it is with the gospel. In such a small house, you would not have the room you need to put everything.

It's only when we build on a full foundation, a foundation of apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ as the chief cornerstone that we have room for the full gospel of Jesus Christ. That's why it's so important that we have the apostles and the prophets on the earth today. We shared that with Chow T. and he said, "You know that sounds right! There should be apostles and prophets on the earth today to guide us. We need prophets!" he said. (yippee) Elder Davis is really excited about teaching him again. I am, too. He's a great guy. We gave him a Book of Mormon. He's going to read it. We'll check in on him next week.

(Sigh) Out of time again. I'll get to the beliefs of the J-Dubs eventually, It's worth the wait, trust me. I plan to go in-depth. For now, good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home