My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Cat in the Hat

(this is a letter that Sister P. -our gospel doctrine teacher received from Logan. She graciously shared it with us.)

Dear Sister P.,

Thank you for your letter. It was a great inspiration.
I wanted to respond with no hesitation.

It's been my observation
that the population of my location (which is the capitol of our nation)
is largely one of immigration.

Which can be a frustration when it comes to communication;
but I've begun my adaptation, so now there is less intimidation.

A bike's my mode of transportation,which gives me lots of recreation.
The biggest problem's dehydration, which then turns into exasperation.

It's been a hard couple of weeks of initiation, but I've come to the realization
that the place where I am stationed
was picked by the head of the church organization
after prayer and due deliberation.
Thinking of that fills me with admiration and appreciation.
I plan to stay out for the duration, knowing in two years I can have some relaxation.

Sister P. I miss your sophistication.
My separation from Ch. ward's congregation is not a pleasant situation.
Sister P., it is my speculation that your teaching explanations
will keep Ch. ward members on a firm foundation (if they take what you say to application).

In closing, I'd just like to say that my mission fills me with elation. I'm out here with a sense of purpose and determination. I will bring souls unto salvation.

Love,
Elder Pierce

P.S. For your consideration, missionaries love getting letters and donations. We've gotta make sure that they don't die of starvation. And what Elder Pierce letter would be complete with out an illustration?

(Logan did a drawing of a Cat in the Hat -type missionary sitting at his desk composing this documentation)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home