My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Letter from the field

(These are letters that Logan sent. This is not a part of his journal. He adds a small letter with each 4 pages of journal he sends. I am trying to get caught up on posting what we have received so far. Some of these posts are out of order. This is just how we are getting the mail that he sends.)

4-26-06
Today is P-day. That means that I've been in Virginia for one week. I'm currently in our housing complex computer room. My companion, Elder B. ...(forgive me, so many things have happened here that I forget how far behind you guys are in what is going on in my mission. You'll learn more about Elder B. in future journal entries.) My companion is reading and sending e-mails to his family. E-mails. Bah! Who needs electronic mail when there is the U.S. Postal Service? I prefer to write notes the old fashioned way.

To quote from the movie, "A Mighty Wind", I've never been in a better head space. No t.v. No news. No distractions. Ahhh. This is the life. You start to feel like you are in this bubble. It makes it a lot easier to focus on the work. A couple of days ago, however, we were cycling along (I bought a bike as you may know if you checked the debit card record) when we came to a stop light. The car next to me had his window rolled down. He was listening to talk radio. Something inside me stirred. "Talk radio!," I whispered. I could not hear it very well because all of the cars that had the green light went zooming past, but I knew it was talk radio.

No, I don't think I'll use the computer. I'll just write letters to you guys. I was just thinking...now that I'm in Virginia, I'd kind of like my comforter back.

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy and appreciate your long letters. It's nice to read how things are going at home. Some poor missionaries only get a small paragraph.

I love you,

Elder Pierce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home