My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Spencer was right

4-28-06

This is just a short letter to say a few things.

First of all, Spencer was right. If you don't bring it with you, you can't get it later. There is no time to go shopping. We don't even have a car, so if we get something, we have to carry it home on our bikes. "You've gotta be careful with eggs." Don't worry, I guess. Hasn't stopped me, though, but you shouldn't. We're okay, though. This lady at church buys missionaries groceries for them and drops them off at their houses. You just give her your shopping list and she will try to get the stuff. (I've been here almost two weeks in Virginia and she has yet to bring any food. I'm getting desperate.) "Gopher, Everett?"

(mom's note: Larry called the mission pres. to check on the food situation for Logan. It was a week later since we got his note. The mission pres. had just met with Logan for a weekly interview. He said he was not sure about his food, but he looked well and his spirit was strong. The mission pres said he would check on things and that Logan's district leader did have a car and between him and Logan's senior companion they would not let him starve.)

Oh, Daddy, buy the movie, "Master and Commander collectors edition on dvd. We rented it a while ago. I thought it was pretty good. I was just thinking about it recently. I'll watch it with you when I get back.

Thank you for sending my comforter. Thank you for being my family. I've been in Virginia for almost three weeks now. I've met with a lot of people, both member and non-member;some of them have really nice families. But there is none that I'd rather be a part of than the Pierce family.

Love,
Elder Pierce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home