My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Day 25-Fooled by the Sun

Today it was a little rainy. In the morning it was drizzling a little, so I thought I had better be safe than sorry. We took our rain jackets with us this morning. One thing I have learned is not to forget pass-along cards. Almost half of the people we meet don't speak a lick of English, so we just give them a pass-along card and point to the number to call for a free video about Jesus Christ. But, today we forgot our cards, so we worked our way back to our abode, talking to everyone we met along the way. By the time we got there, the sun was shining bright. A little cloudy, but warming up. So warm, in fact, that we thought we could leave our rain coats there. We thought, "it couldn't rain again today'. DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT!

Two hours later, the sky is dark and foreboding as we tract across town. Around 3:00 pm we realized it was in fact going to rain and we had left our rain coats back at the apartment. We soon came to the home of Brother R.F. Brother F. is a less active church member, so we stopped to fellowship with him. Just as we were sitting down, it started to rain. Hard! Cats and dogs hard. At least we were in a nice warm house. I thought the rain would stop soon. It didn't.

Brother F. is so funny. He is a bear of a man with a shaved head, a goatee, about 280 pounds and stands 6 feet tall. His brain goes about a mile a minute. I can relate. He always has something to say. He could be a stand up comic if he wanted. We'll be talking and he'll go into a skit. He'll make up these different voices and act out a bit based on what we are talking about. He's so funny. I was smiling the whole time I was there.

When it was time to go, the rain had turned into a flood. We said goodbye to Brother F. and his funny stories and trudged on out into the wet.

And, boy! did we get wet. There was water everywhere. I half expected a gondola to pass us on the road. After what seemed like forever, we arrived home. My clothes were sticking to my body. My companion and I were sopping wet. We made it back just in time to be picked up for our dinner appointment. All we had time to do was wring out our ties and try to dry ourselves off with bath towels. It was a hard day of missionary work and I am exhausted. Makes for good journal entries, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home