My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a homeschooling mother of five. Four graduates and one to go. I have been married to my dear husband for 31 years this October. WoW! I love talking about home schooling, essential oils, growing your own garden and other things related to health. I'm a city girl living in the country. I love both lives.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Day 26-First Sunday in the Field-My New Ward

This morning at 7:00am we had to be at church for a meeting. I knew I needed to get up at 6:00am if I wanted to shower and stuff and still have time to get dressed. We needed to be outside waiting for our ride to church from one of the members.

I looked at my watch. It read 6:00am. I did not want to get up. I wanted to SLEEP (remember the rainy day we had yesterday?). But I got up anyway and showered. My companion was still asleep. I remembered that he had taken a shower the night before. Probably a good idea.

When I got out of my shower, my companion was still asleep. I thought that he had better get up soon because we were supposed to leave in 20 minutes. I went ahead and finished getting dressed. When I finished, I looked over and my companion was still asleep. I thought I had better get him up because our ride was going to be here any minute. I told Elder Buttars to hurry and get dressed. "Elder Pierce", he said, "it's not even 6:00am". "What do you mean, not six o'clock", I asked. Why would I wake up when it's not ...even...I saw the clock. Not my watch which I woke up to, but the digital clock that read 5:45am.

I stood there, fully dressed, standing over Elder Buttars bed and realized that I had gotten up at 5:00am. Groan. I was dressed and ready to go 15 minutes before I was supposed to get up. "Oh, " I said sheepishly. "Well, good night, then. I'm going back to bed." I then lay down on my bed, fully clothed and slept for about an hour.

My new ward is a bizarro ward. I should explain. It is really a great ward. All of the members here are great. They are all so close. Very nice people. I called it the bizarro ward because it is identical to our ward. The same blueprint. The walls here are painted white as opposed to our ward where the walls are tan and scratchy. It's eerie.

Two things I have noticed about my new ward: 1.) Virginia is a real melting pot. There is a lot diversity in the ward. Almost all minority groups are represented. It is pretty neat. 2.) Everyone here is a professional. Most everyone has a top secret government job that they can't tell anyone about or they would have to kill them. Everyone also wears nice business suits to church. It just seems like a more serious ward than home. It is serious only in dress, however. All the members seem fun-loving and like to cut loose.

The room where we meet for Elder's Quorum is just like in Choctaw, but the chairs are bluish green instead of burgandy. Like I said, bizarro world.

Guess what? It's raining again.

Well, the rain wasn't a problem today. It stopped when we got home from church. Today was a busy Sunday of tracting. One family I'm really excited about is the W. family. The mom is missionary manna from heaven. She is not easy. No. What would be the fun in that. She is very doubtful about another scripture besides the Bible.

I'm tired. I just wanted to say that we gave her a Book of Mormon and committed her to read and pray about it. I promise I'll write more about this family later. Night-night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home